Greetings Harriers, dodgy politicians and C list celebrities.
Would you take a back (bench) seat when the jungle beacons ?
Of course not, but don’t be fenced in, when you see Ed with his long lense …..
Prefer talking bollocks than eating them ?
Perhaps you have a London marathon place and are looking for someone to run with ?
But, if you are not destined for the jungle and you missed out on a London marathon place, don’t worry, because …….
In other news, as reported earlier in the week, TW men were officially declared winners of the Kent Grand Prix for 2022 and our women were a very creditable second. So, what better time to dust off Mike King’s Champions route.
With Mike King as this week’s Routemaster , fasten your seat belts and here we go ……
“In celebration of us being the champions of Kent, we had better go and get ourselves a trophy! Therefore, I have set my best attempt at finding a trophy around the streets of RTW (yes, it’s a bit wonky). A head torch is recommended for a few dark sections, but you could stick to the main roads to avoid. One section in Calverley Park is also running up a grassy hill so again if too slippery please use the footpath instead”.
· Right down Warwick Park
· Left Roedean
· Right Frant Road
· Left Montacute Road
· Straight on Linden Park Road
· Right at roundabout up Neville Terrace
· Right at roundabout up Eridge Road
· Continue into London Road
· Left Mount Edgcumbe
· Right Castle Road
· Right Mount Ephraim
· Right down footpath (head torch)
· Right down London Road to Mount Edgcumbe road then come back up London Road
· Right Mount Ephraim
· Straight over Calverley Road and continue until roundabout
· Go through pedestrian gate which leads into Calverley Park (head torch)
· Run down the path which has the basketball court on your left keep running down the paths with the sunken garden on your left and then run up the hill to join the path (try and keep as straight as you can)
· Follow path around and exit park onto Mountfield Gardens
· Left Grove Hill Road
· Left Calverley Park (head torch) – follow around and then come down the footpath by the basketball courts again and onto Mountfield Gardens
· Left Grove Hill and first right onto Meadowhill road into Grove park (Head torch)
· Right around footpath in park until you get to South Grove Road
· Left High Street
· Straight on Chapel Place downstairs and left onto Neville Street
· Continue up Frant Road
Short route – Left Roedean and back to club
Long Route – Right Broadwater Down
· Left St Marks Road (might need head torch)
· Left Frant Road
· Right Forest Road
· Left Warwick Park
· Right Neville Gate then run around to Neville gate right Warwick park and back to club (this is to create our podium)
Standard route 6.7 miles
Short route 4.9 miles
This week’s route is mostly well lit but please try and stay in groups as much as possible, looking out especially for guests, newer members and wear something bright with a head torch a recommended accessory.
Current forecast for Wednesday is for a rather hard to imagine DRY 10C.
Hockey Chris has been promoted “upstairs” (presumably to spend more time with his family) and has handed over the day-to-day reins to Tea Total Trevor, hopefully still selling the finest beer (Harveys), wine and soft drinks in the immediate vicinity, at special prices.
7:30 prompt start from the Nevill – change rooms, showers and bar all open – it’s time to commit !