We have been informed by TWBC that during the external renovation of the Nevill Club, some decay was found to structural areas. Whilst this has been remediated, all upper areas of the club are out of bounds until a structural survey has been undertaken to ensure work has been carried out satisfactorily and the building is safe. Downstairs showers and toilets will remain open. The stairs have been cordoned off and signs placed on the doors to this effect.
As a result, the pre run. briefing will take place outside this evening but more importantly there will be no post run hydration in the bar.
I’m sure a full report will be forthcoming but here is a sample of Mo’s fiercest competition:-
Alex Hill 01:32:43
Matt Newman 01:39:01
Ross Woods 01:40:47
Mark Godsalve 01:41:12
Rob Hill 01:53:09
Paul Kromm 02:26:12
This week we have a Sonya King classic from 2018.
So, with Sonya as this week’s Routemaster , fasten your seat belts and here we go ……
Long route 6.8 miles
Short route 5.1 miles
Long Route = Approx. 6.8 miles / Short Route = Approx. 5.1 miles
- Out of the club house and turn right onto WARWICK PARK
- Turn left onto ROEDEAN ROAD
- At the top turn left onto FRANT ROAD and then right onto BROADWATER DOWN
- Turn right down BROADWATER RISE and continue to the bottom.
- Small pathway through to LINDEN GARDENS
- When you get to LINDEN GARDENS turn right and continue to MONTACUTE ROAD
- Turn left onto MONTACUTE ROAD and then right onto LINDEN PARK ROAD
- Continue along LINDEN PARK ROAD until you get to the Grey Lady then turn right and continue along THE PANTILES UPPER WALK
- Go past The Duke of York Pub (booo) and Jack Wills
- Cross over FRANT ROAD and head past King Charles the Martyr church into CHAPEL PLACE
- Continue straight onto the HIGH STREET, then turn left down CASTLE STREET
- At the bottom turn right onto LONDON ROAD
- Continue all the way up the hill until you get to CHURCH ROAD, then turn left.
- Continue up CHURCH ROAD and turn right onto MOUNT EPHRAIM
- Continue on MOUNT EPHRAIM then turn left down MOLYNEUX PARK ROAD
- Turn right onto EARLS ROAD
- At the crossroads (Royal Chase and Byng Road) continue straight onto CONNAUGHT WAY
- At the top turn left onto CULVERDEN PARK
- Then turn right onto CULVERDEN DOWN, follow until you get to the A26 ST JOHN’S ROAD
- Turn right and continue until you get to QUEEN’S ROAD ***SHORT ROUTE DEPARTS HERE***
LONG ROUTE CONTINUED
- Turn left into QUEENS ROAD and follow it down then follow the road round to the right up QUARRY ROAD.
- Continue along CAMDEN ROAD (going past Kings Tattoo parlour and The Prince of Wales pub) until you get to CALVERLEY ROAD then turn left
- Follow this up to the roundabout and take the second road on the left CALVERLY PARK GARDENS
- When you get to PEMBURY ROAD, cross over and continue down KINGSWOOD ROAD
- Turn right onto BAYHALL ROAD, then left onto PROSPECT ROAD at The Royal Oak pub (look out for Princes Street as you run past)
- Turn right onto GROVE HILL ROAD and then left onto CLAREMONT ROAD
- Turn left onto FARMCOMBE ROAD follow this the whole way
- Turn right onto FOREST ROAD
- Turn right onto WARWICK PARK then all the way back to the club house.
SHORT ROUTE VARIATION
- Continue straight on the A26 ST JOHN’S ROAD then turn left at the roundabout
- Continue down GROSVENOR ROAD past the Rose and Crown pub and into the town centre
- Continue down MOUNT PLEASANT ROAD
- Continue down the HIGH STREET
- Go back through CHAPEL PLACE until FRANT ROAD
- Turn left onto WARWICK PARK and all the way back to the club.
A head torch is not needed this week
Please make sure you are wearing something hi vis.
Current forecast for Wednesday is for a dry and pleasant 17C.
No gathering afterwards in the bar but I dare say one or two might gather in the Pantiles afterwards for a drink or two.
7:30 prompt start from the Nevill – change rooms, showers (but not the bar) open – it’s time to commit !