I have been handed the baton this week, well actually Mike was but he’s fobbed it off on to me!
A “Royal” themed route for you this week.
Long route 6.8 miles
Short route 5.1 miles
TWH Wednesday Route 3rd October 2018 – Royal Flush
Long Route = Approx. 6.8 miles / Short Route = Approx. 5.1 miles
- Out of the club house and turn right onto WARWICK PARK
- Turn left onto ROEDEAN ROAD
- At the top turn left onto FRANT ROAD and then right onto BROADWATER DOWN
- Turn right down BROADWATER RISE and continue to the bottom.
- Small pathway through to LINDEN GARDENS
- When you get to LINDEN GARDENS turn right and continue to MONTACUTE ROAD
- Turn left onto MONTACUTE ROAD and then right onto LINDEN PARK ROAD
- Continue along LINDEN PARK ROAD until you get to the Grey Lady then turn right and continue along THE PANTILES UPPER WALK
- Go past The Duke of York Pub and Jack Wills
- Cross over FRANT ROAD and head past King Charles the Martyr church into CHAPEL PLACE
- Continue straight onto the HIGH STREET, then turn left down CASTLE STREET
- At the bottom turn right onto LONDON ROAD
- Continue all the way up the hill until you get to CHURCH ROAD, then turn left.
- Continue up CHURCH ROAD and turn right onto MOUNT EPHRAIM
- Continue on MOUNT EPHRAIM then turn left down MOLYNEUX PARK ROAD
- Turn right onto EARLS ROAD
- At the crossroads (Royal Chase and Byng Road) continue straight onto CONNAUGHT WAY
- At the top turn left onto CULVERDEN PARK
- Then turn right onto CULVERDEN DOWN, follow until you get to the A26 ST JOHN’S ROAD
- Turn right and continue until you get to QUEEN’S ROAD ***SHORT ROUTE DEPARTS HERE***
LONG ROUTE CONTINUED
- Turn left into QUEENS ROAD and follow it down then turn right when you get to DUNSTAN ROAD
- At the bottom cross over GROSVENOR BRIDGE and follow the road round to the right up QUARRY ROAD.
- Continue along CAMDEN ROAD (going past Kings Tattoo parlour and The Prince of Wales pub) until you get to CALVERLEY ROAD then turn left
- Follow this up to the roundabout and take the second road on the left CALVERLY PARK GARDENS
- When you get to PEMBURY ROAD, cross over and continue down KINGSWOOD ROAD
- Turn right onto BAYHALL ROAD, then left onto PROSPECT ROAD at The Royal Oak pub (look out for Princes Street as you run past)
- Turn right onto GROVE HILL ROAD and then left onto CLAREMONT ROAD
- Turn left onto FARMCOMBE ROAD follow this the whole way
- Turn right onto FOREST ROAD
- Turn right onto WARWICK PARK then all the way back to the club house.
SHORT ROUTE VARIATION
- Continue straight on the A26 ST JOHN’S ROAD then turn left at the roundabout
- Continue down GROSVENOR ROAD past the Rose and Crown pub and into the town centre
- Continue down MOUNT PLEASANT ROAD
- Continue down the HIGH STREET
- Go back through CHAPEL PLACE until FRANT ROAD
- Turn left onto WARWICK PARK and all the way back to the club.
I will bring some printed instructions with me on Wednesday.