I have been asked to give a little more detail on the above roles for those of you who might be interested in stepping forward to help our efforts to put this event on on Sunday February 19th next year.
In brief, the Chief Start/Finish Marshal needs to:-
Liaise with Ed Steele in advance to ensure they have sufficient assistant marshals. On the day, be on duty from 7.00 am to oversee Start/Finish areas.
After the race has started, supervise the movement of the barriers from the start area to the finish area and supervise the finish area.
Supervise the dismantling of the Finish area.
Likewise, in brief, the Chief Car Park Manager’s duties include:-
- Liaise with the various parking providers to seek permissions to use.
- Organise and allocate marshals to oversee the parking at the various sites. Send out marshalling instructions.
- On race day or the night prior, put in place the parking signage collected prior from the Nevill store.
- Race day, ensure marshals are in place with marshalling bibs, tape if required.
- Post-race take down and return parking signage to Race HQ or the Nevill store.
- Email parking providers after the event to thank them for their support.
Do please consider these important roles and whether you would be willing to support our club by taking one of them on and then get in touch with me to discuss further.